- Introduction and Effective date
This policy applies to all visitors to our website and customers who make use of any of the goods or services we offer (“you” and “your”).
- Purpose of this policy
- Acceptance of terms
We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the services. If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
6.1 When making use of our products or services. Once you make use of our products or services, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information. This personal information may include:
- your name, surname, company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your billing, shipping and postal address, email address, telephone number, and postal code;
- your user ID and password;
- your credit card number and or bank account details;
- payment method choice;
- username, which can be used to log in.
6.2 Collection on use. In order to provide the services to you, you will be asked to provide us with additional information on a voluntary basis such as location or gps coordinate’s (“service information”).
6.3 Optional details. You may also provide additional information on a voluntary basis (“optional information”). This includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, register and subscribe for certain additional services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of the website.
- Web beacons.
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a “single-pixel gif” or “web beacon” request) that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
- Purpose for collection.
We may use any service information and optional information provided by you for such purposes as indicated to you at the time you agree to provide such service information or optional information. We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed;
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website;
- personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you may be most interested.
- allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- process your transactions of products or services as efficiently as possible.
- prevent abuse of our services.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you; so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information (anonymous aggregate data) may be provided to other parties for marketing, research, or other uses.
10.1 Third Party Links. We may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and try to share only those sites in which are of high quality.
10.2 Data processors. We use Google Analytics as our data processor. Their use is to compile data that enables us to further expand business and marketing, and to help us see what we’re doing wrong or right via statistics and charts. IP addresses gathered are anonymized. Our software has and uses the ability to integrate with Google Analytics to show when actions such as registering an account have been made.
10.3 Affiliates and Sponsorship. This site makes the use of affiliate links to earn income by linking to what we believe are reputable sellers or marketplaces. We may also be paid for sponsorship of particular products or companies. If a link leads away from this site bear in mind that we may make a portion of any sales made through that link.
- POPI Act
The POPI Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them. Note that not all emails sent by us are commercial emails, and as such do not apply to this policy.
11.1 We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
11.2 To be in accordance with POPIA we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
11.3 If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email; or
- Log into your account and select your email and notification preferences
- Security of Personal Information
We protect your information in the manner specified in our security policy. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. Our website and servers are checked on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. As well, we are dedicated to protecting your information and employ strict electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard it.
- European Economic Area
Our website is aimed at South African citizens only. If you are a European Union citizen, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have certain rights in respect to your personal information. You have the right to request access to your personal data and to be able to amend, delete, or limit its use. If you believe that your information has been unlawfully processed, you have the right to submit a complaint to us, or to your respective data protection supervisory authority.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.